This isn’t rocket science, but there is an art of doing it.
Let’s see what happens when you click on “Pay with PayHere“.
PayHere payment gateway offers you many different online payment methods as it is a payment aggregator service focusing on creating a convenient user experience. Anyone paying with PayHere can pay online using card payment methods such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club. Both credit and debit cards are accepted for local (LKR) and international payments (USD, GBP, Euro and AUD). In addition to that, you can pay with ezCash, mCash, Sampath Vishwa, Frimi, Genie, HelaPay, ComBank Q+ and LOLC iPay for LKR payments (Sri Lankan Rupee).
Let’s look at the steps you will go through when making a Card payment to a PayHere merchant.
1. First you complete the order and go to the checkout window.
Click on the “Pay with PayHere” button.
2. Now you will see different options to make the payment through PayHere. For this case study, we will choose Mastercard as the payment option.
3. After you click on the logo of the payment method, you will see the window below.
4. Fill in the card details properly.
5. Now the bank of your card will show you some windows to make sure that your card is safely in your hands. Don’t close this window.
6. Now you will see the verification stages sent by your card issuing bank. You can choose the verification method here. In this case, the card issuing bank is NTB Sri Lanka. You can choose either SMS, email, or both. (If you don’t see any options, you can contact the cardholder’s bank.)
7. Now you will receive the OTP. Check it properly and enter it as it is used for verification and security purposes.
8. Once again, the bank of your card will check to make sure that you have entered the details correctly. Do not close this window.
9. There you are! You have made a payment to PayHere and you can see the payment ID starting from 3200xxxxxxxx below.
10. You will see an order confirmation on the website of the PayHere merchant. (This window may vary based on the merchant).
11. At the same time you will get the SMS from your card issuing bank confirming your payment. Do not delete this SMS.
12. For every successful payment, PayHere will send a receipt with a payment ID. Please check if you have received the email.
See! Now you know how to pay with PayHere!
Are you tired of entering the OTP every time you make a payment? Try HelaPay. It saves your time.